Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Story...

Okay so I attempted NaNoWriMo for those of you who don't know what that is, it is National Novel Writers Month. Basically you have to write 50,000 words during the month of November  I know your wondering so no, I did not reach that goal. Anyway here is my first three pages I would like you to comment and tell me what you think. I'll love any comments you give me.






PROLOGUE




The griffin screeched as it landed on the tall mountain overlooking the island that served as it’s home. The griffin scanned around the island and focused the single roof that poked up out of the forest.
That roof irritated the griffin. It wasn't supposed to be there. The

griffin didn't know how the humans had survived long enough on the island to have built it. Nor did it know how they had had the means. It tended to keep humans off the island as much as possible. But it would deal with those pesky humans later, then the house. There was a storm coming and it had to take shelter.
Disappearing into a grove of trees the griffin went underground. The island had several openings. The griffins “burrow”. The griffin continued down the dark tunnel, leading farther and deeper into the mountain. The griffin suddenly stopped, as if alarmed. A soft noise was echoing through the tunnels.
It was a human child. The griffin sniffed the air, it could smell their usual acrid scents of man made products. They were in the tunnels. The griffin didn't like humans, they were tolerable though. At least until they entered its home. The griffin followed the now louder noise, and acrid scent, then it saw them. Human children.

It tensed, ready to attack. That’s when he saw the woman. She was
Short and skinny, she had tanned skin with brown hair and blue eyes. She was obviously their mother. The griffin could tell by the way they clung to her like she was their whole world. And they were about to find out just how scary that world could be.
The griffin readied itself to attack once more, annoyed at the distraction. Then Suddenly seemingly out of nowhere, the griffin charged. The only thing the woman and children would have seen was something huge barreling at them. Then their worlds where as black as a moonless night.




CHAPTER 1


I put the last bit of clothes into my suitcase. I was almost done. I grabbed my sketch book and threw it in as well. Knowing  would want it. I looked around the to make sure nothing was missing.
I loved the light blue walls and dark stained oak furniture, but I felt trapped. The only thing I really had at the moment was my job. Not that I didn't like my job. I was a ranger for the national forest my house. But I was glad that I took the offer for a cruise. I needed a break
I left my room and wandered around my house it was probably too big for one person but the place meant a lot to me, and I could afford it since I was only supporting myself.
I froze when I saw the bright blue picture frame sitting on the side table in the living room. I stared at it long past the time tears started their sad journey down my cheeks.



Thank you for reading this it means a lot to me. Please tell me what you think. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment